Thursday, May 21, 2009

3rd Trimester!

It's official! I am in the third trimester. Time has just flown by! I had a doctor's appointment today (he sees me every two weeks now) and I got a good report. Noah's heart rate was 143 and by belly measured appropriately. He has been moving so much and I can feel his tiny arms or legs poking me at times.

Here is the latest from Baby Center:

Your pregnancy: 28 weeks
How your baby's growing:By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
I have been having some Braxton Hicks contractions, which apparently is a good thing. My body seems to be 'practicing' for labor. Also, today I pre-registered at the hospital and signed up for a class at the hospital. Everything seems to be going well!
Today was spouses day on base so I went with some friends to fly a C-130 Simulator. It is supposed to be what it is like to fly the aircraft Pete flies. I did pretty good, and only got a little nauseous. Not bad for a pregnant lady.

2 comments:

  1. Yippee! It's fun to be so close now, isn't it? And I LOVE feeling lil mis C move around and poke me. Brett has felt her too- and SEEN her as well- my belly has these weird movements sometimes when she is really having a "ute party" and I love it!
    I've had the BH contractions too- so weird to feel, but I guess it's just all in prep for the big day!
    The spouse day sounds fun- I'd love to do the 130 sim- I'm sure I'd crash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything is going well. Did you sign up for child birth classes? We're going June 6...maybe we'll see you there.

    ReplyDelete