Pete and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary this past weekend. We went to Fredericksburg, Tx and stayed at a bed-n-breakfast. It was called the Chuck Wagon Inn and was ran by a rowdy old cowboy and his wife. Pete loved the southwest breakfast they cooked up, but it didn't seem to sit so well with the baby. We spent the day shopping the the touristy down town area. It is a well-kept town with lots of German influence and is surrounded by vineyards. We had a great time! Pete bought me a beautiful hand-crafted bracelet while there. In the first photo I think my eyes are kind of shut, but I wanted to include my baby bump.
About a week ago Pete and I went to a thing called Dittos for Kiddos. It is a massive resale for babies and kids. We didnt see much that we couldn't live without, but we did pick up the baby bath I already knew i wanted and we got some books and educational DVD's. It was so crowded and we had to wait in line forever to check out. Pete managed to hang in there. We are also buying some diapers randomly to help absorb some of the cost of buying lots of them later.
How life is different already:
1. I can't sleep on my stomach anymore
2. I have a battle with my closet everyday trying to find clothes that fit
3. I can't run very far
4. Getting up and down from the floor is more challenging
5. I either feel full or hungry
6. Pete seems more protective of me
7. I look forward to going to the doctor
8. Buying diapers is a thrill (for now anyways)
9. I love looking at my stomach and love that it is getting bigger
10. I stutter more often and forget common things throughout the day